Friday, April 26, 2013

Utter Randomness

The first bit is a random excerpt that I wrote a good while ago (though edited).


"Seething madness swirls round me. Darkness shuts upon me. All is a whirling of confusion. Then, a tabernacle I suddenly perceive in its midst. I reach out, clutch it and cling to it with all my might. For within is my haven, my stability when all else is chaos."

When I was about 14-15 years old, Suddenly,startlingly, began to noticed the eyes of the people around me when I went out in public. From the aged to mere toddlers, nearly all bore a dull, glazed, jaded expression. An expression of deep sadness. A sadness that prevailed even when they laughed.
I felt a stabbing pain to my soul, as a desire to reach them, teach them, was aroused in my heart. I would wonder what could so deaden and crush joy that a mark of boredom nigh to nihilistic despair would be stamped upon their eyes even in the midst of abundance and pleasures.
I wanted to catch these souls with a woven net of prayers and draw them to God. I was so full of peace, yet around me were billions of souls in pain, agony, fear. Souls that did not know or who had forgotten the God I knew.
Now, as I am about to go to college, I realize what a grace it was to be allowed to see the sorrow in their eyes. Though I am imperfect,there is a task to be done, there is something that God wants to do through me. Perhaps it is to show one of them the way to Himself.
Only in eternity shall I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment